Sven Mühlemann, PD Dr. med. dent.
Specialist for reconstructive dentistry SSO
- 2014 - present
- Assistant Professor, Clinic of Reconstructive Dentistry, Center of Dental Medicine, University of Zurich, Chair: Prof. Christoph Hämmerle
- 2013 - 2014
- Research Fellowship, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, USA
- 2010 - 2013
- Postgraduate Training, Clinic of Reconstructive Dentistry, University of Zurich
- 2006 - 2010
- Dentist in private practice, Dr. med. dent. André Bachmann, Zurich
Diploma and Titles
- Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) in Oral Implantology, University of Zurich
- Habilitation (Venia Legendi)
- Certificate of Continuing Education (WBA) in Oral Implantology, Swiss Society of Oral Implantology
- Specialist Title for Reconstructive Dentistry, Swiss Society of Reconstructive Dentistry
- Promotion (Dr. med. dent.)
- Graduation as dentist, University of Zurich
Prizes and Awards
- «Teacher of the hour», award for excellence in teaching during the pandemic, University of Zurich
- European Prize for Clinical Research – Prosthetics, European Association of Osseointegration (EAO)
- «Goldener Pinsel», team award for best case, Swiss Society of Reconstructive Dentistry
- «Teacher of the year», award for excellence in teaching, Medical Faculty of the University of Zurich
Service to Professional Organizations
- President Swiss Society of Oral Implantology
- Board Member and President Elect Swiss Society of Oral Implantology
- Board Member Junior Committee of the European Association for Osseointegration
Membership in Professional and Scientific Organizations
- Clinical Oral Implants Research
- The International Journal of Prosthodontics
- Clinical Oral Investigations
- PLOS ONE
- Journal of Clinical Periodontology
- Journal of Dentistry
Lectures and Courses
Since 2012 more than 150 lectures and courses on different aspects of reconstructive dentistry including minimally invasive concepts, implant dentistry, and digital technologies at national and international congresses and continuing education courses.
Publications (peer reviewed)
More than 30 publications on different aspects of reconstructive dentistry including minimally invasive concepts, implant dentistry, and digital technologies.
List of publications
Osteology Guidelines for Oral & Maxillofacial Regeneration.
Bosshardt DD, Benavides E, Rios HF, Kantarci A, Lang NP, Han J, Sim C, Schneider D, Mühlemann S, Benic G, Sailer I.
Chapter 11 Analytical Methods
Implant Therapy Clinical Approaches and Evidence of Success.
Mühlemann S, Schneider D, Jung RE, Hämmerle CHF.
Chapter 7 Decision Making for Implant Therapy in the Maxillary Esthetic Zone